Do Hot Tubs Increase Home Value
The question of whether hot tubs increase home values is debated by Realtors. The good news is, unlike in ground pools, Hot Tubs & Swim Spas can appreciate the worth of a home. Or at least enough to offset the upfront financial investment! Under the ideal circumstances, a Hot Tub or Swim Spa can not only enhance interest, it can even boost the value of your property.
Their lockable covers and modest footprint make them a secure financial investment.The added home value rests on the quality of the product, as well as whether any enclosures have been constructed around it.
If you’re thinking about buying a hot tub and are ready to increase the value of your home, there are a couple of things you can do that will make your efforts pay off. The Globe & Mail reports the Renovation ROI (percentage of your cost that you may recover when you sell your home) is up to 25% for pools and up to 50% with landscaping. The secret is to ensure each improvement is deliberate instead of spontaneous. So making a strategy around a purchase like a hot tub is crucial to having it include value.
So, let’s find out– will your financial investment in a hot tub increase your home’s value?
Not surprisingly, a used or damaged hot tub is less attractive than a brand new one. Portable hot tubs are assumed to be an optional addition to the home and tend to be a poor bargaining chip as they add little value.
Well built hot tubs are high-end and can increase value.
- Here are some tips to enhance value:
- make sure your hot tub appears well kept
- do all needed maintenance.
- change any worn or broken components
- tidy completely to ensure it looks brand-new
- show the warranty to the realtor so they can be sure to mention it to prospective buyers
The bottom line:
- A reliable, high-quality hot tub can last anywhere from 15-25 years and can increase the resale value of your home.
- A well chosen location,considering accessibility needs & landscape tastes can create an irresistible backyard oasis.
- Staging your hot tub with spa touches will draw in the buyers who are a fan of the feature.